Sources claim Navy SEAL went missing after blowing off a warning from Coast Guard crew

By Andy Wolf

Multiple sources from within the US Special Operations community claim that the two doomed Navy SEALs —who presumably drowned after falling overboard off the coast of Somalia— were dragged down by heavy equipment.

Unofficial reports from within the community claim that the SEALs were conducting boarding raids of suspicious vessels— a task that members of the Coast Guard Maritime Security Response Team (MSRT) largely took over during the Global War on Terror.

According to @BravoKiloActual, the Twitter/X account belonging to a former member of the US Air Force Special Operations community Brian Kimber, Kimber posted a screenshot from Instagram, presumably from a USCG MSRT member, that read:

“The USCG MSRTs have been conducting those boardings off of DDGs under the TACON of the Navy for well over a decade now,” the source began. “The SEALs recently started trying to
take that mission back since they no longer have major theaters of operations to conduct land warfare in.“

USCG MSRT is the Coast Guard’s elite Maritime Security Response Team that specializes in maritime counterterrorism and high-risk maritime law enforcement. The alleged MSRT source went into detail about the speculated cause of the SEALs’ demise.

“Long story short, that was a joint boarding with the SEAL platoon and one of our USCG MSRT direct action sections,” the source continued. “What I’m told is that one of the SEAL tried to climb the caving ladder with a backpack full of about 50lb lbs of Comms gear. When our guys tried to tell them that was prolly [sic] not a good idea (we do VBSS far, FAR more often then they do), they dismissed it because… they’re SEALs.”

It was then, allegedly, that disaster struck.

“Dude fell, another dude fell grabbing after him,” the source said. “They sank like a rock.”

Kimber appeared satisfied with the answer.

“That’s now at least three credible sources have messed me saying they sank immediately,” he tweeted. “So the Navy knew they were gone but still searched for a week. Which I’m ok with. Bit like paramedics doing CPR in front of family on a patient they know is dead.”

The aforementioned information has not been confirmed, and cannot be verified with any real expediency. However, the long-standing trend of operators revealing the facts of an incident often years prior to the Department of Defense doing so cannot be ignored.

So, while there is no official confirmation of these allegations, the claims are certainly worth taking note of.

© 2024 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at, ticker BMTM.


  • Andy Wolf

    Andy Wolf is an Appalachian native who spent much of his youth and young adulthood overseas in search of combat, riches, and adventure- accruing decades of experience in military, corporate, first responder, journalistic and advisory roles. He resides in North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains with his K9 companion, Kiki.

Post navigation