Soldier charged for threats to judge’s life after losing his kids

Cassidy Busbin (Instagram/TheKnot)

A US Army Soldier is facing serious charges after threatening judges, including one currently involved in his divorce.

Cassidy Busbin, who is believed to be assigned to the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, KY, was arrested on Wednesday following a series of threats.

The threats, uncovered by the Army Criminal Investigation Division, revealed that Busbin was “making threats against judges, public officials, and others in Montgomery County, Tennessee.”

The majority of Fort Campbell is in Tennessee, though the post’s original post office is located in Kentucky.

“[T]his is whats [sic] going to happen in [C]larksville if they keep f**king down soldiers, especially to the judges and lawyers we are protesting so please take it how you want to but know my rights will not stop with your opinions,” Busbin said on Facebook in late October.

The Facebook post involved a news article about a Maryland family court judge who was murdered by a defendant after giving full custody of his children to their mother.

Busbin’s divorce and custody proceedings were finalized in 2021. His ex-wife was awarded full custody.

Busbin’s new wife encouraged his behavior, including tagging him in a post about protesting armed for father’s rights.

The female judge initially claimed that she did not feel threatened, but later began to feel the heat when Busbin and his new wife would not relent.

“[The judge] felt that if she continued to do her job, she may suffer the same fate as the Maryland judge,” court documents allege.

Allegations of cyber-stalking by Busbin were also raised.

Ironically, just months before Busbin was set to marry his new wife, also an active-duty soldier, his ex-wife, 27-year-old Claudia Jones was charged with harassing him.

“Despite being told to cease contact by both the victim and a law enforcement officer, Jones reportedly called, texted, and even contacted his employer, making threats related to their minor children,” Clarkesville Today reported.

Lt. Col. Tony Hoefler, a spokesperson for the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, confirmed that Busbin was assigned to Fort Campbell and that the Army is “working with law enforcement in their ongoing investigation.

Additionally, Busbin’s twin brother was also reported to have had some court cases go awry— to the point where the Army entered temporary protection orders against the Busbin brothers around October 28.

According to CNN, Busbin was reportedly abusive to his ex and current wife, Angel Busbin, with the former claiming he threatened to kill her multiple times” and had “thrown things at her, hit her, and strangled her.”

An allegation also arose concerning the abuse and slaying of a family dog.

In late October, a medical professional determined “Busbin was an imminent risk of harm/death to others” and that he “needed to be admitted into an inpatient psychiatric treatment facility.”

He was held at the hospital but released shortly after.

© 2023 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at, ticker BMTM.


Post navigation