At least 8 dead after attack in Germany, extremist group likely responsible


At least one shooter is still on the loose after a shooting inside a McDonald’s at Munich’s Olympia shopping mall Friday, police spokeswoman Claudia Küntzel said.

“There could be several dead and one or even several shooters are on the loose,” Küntzel said.

However, witnesses are describing multiple shooters during the terrorist attack, according to Fox News.

According to the German law enforcement, eight people are confirmed dead in the mass shooting that apparently took place at the McDonalds restaurant across from the mall as well.

This follows the recent ISIS-inspired train attack by a 17-year-old “lone wolf” terrorist in Germany.  The attacker, who arrived in Germany in 2015 as an unaccompanied migrant, was shot dead holding an axe and a knife.  He had been “incited” by IS propaganda but there was no evidence that he was following the militant group’s orders, according to the BBC.

The German political scene has been in upheaval over their open immigration policy for migrants from areas war-torn by ISIS followed by a rise in sexual assaults and terror attacks on German citizens.

The situation is ongoing and the shooter or shooters have not been subdued, killed, or apprehended at this point.  According to CNN, there are now three active suspects on the run and Munich police are shutting down public transit, encouraging people to stay away from public places.

This story will be updated the story as more information becomes available.

Editor’s note: It was originally reported, in error, that 15 people were confirmed dead during the shooting.

© 2016 Bright Mountain Media, Inc.

All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at info@brightmountainmedia.com, ticker BMTM.

Author

Post navigation