An armed biker gang plans on drawing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed outside a mosque in Arizona today.
Jon Ritzheimer and Flash Nelson, the two coordinators in charge of this demonstration, will host the event outside the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix. The location is intentional, as it’s the worship place of Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, who were both killed during an attack on a previous contest displaying cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in Dallas.
In a Facebook invitation, the organizers made it clear this will be a peaceful protest but still encouraged attendees to carry weapons. As of yesterday, 163 people have RSVP’d.
Here is the Facebook post in full:
“ROUND 2!!!!!!! This will be a PEACEFUL protest in front of the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix AZ. This is in response to the recent attack in Texas where 2 armed terrorist, with ties to ISIS, attempted Jihad. Everyone is encouraged to bring American Flags and any message that you would like to send to the known acquaintances of the 2 gunmen. This Islamic Community Center is a known place that the 2 terrorist frequented. People are also encouraged to utilize there [sic] second amendment right at this event just incase [sic] our first amendment comes under the much anticipated attack.
- Date will be Friday May 29th @ 6:15pm. This is when they normally host a large prayer.
- Bikers wil [sic] meet at the Denny’s located at 9030 N Black Canyon Hwy Phoenix, AZ 85051@ 5:00pm. Kick Stands up at 6pm.
- There will be a Muhammad Cartoon Contest and the winner will be announced at the After Party. Participants must show cartoon at the Rally.
- We will not have food vendors at this event because we don’t want this to turn into a carnival. People can bring snacks and water but please keep the neighborhood clean.
- There will be an after party starting at 8:30pm at Wild Bills located at 6840 N. 27th Ave Phx, AZ.
Thank you all for your Support.”
Nelson has not revealed much about himself, but Ritzheimer has no problem showing his anti-Islam beliefs. On his personal Facebook page, Ritzheimer has posted photos of himself wearing a “Fuck Islam” T-shirt and waving an American Flag. He has also stated he is a former Marine and works with a veteran community called Dysfunctional Veterans.
Ritzheimer told local media, “I am a Marine, and I am far from politically correct…. I’m outspoken, and I’ve just had it.”